Our Capacity and Performance services enhance the control, stability, efficiency and reliability of service solutions comprising mainframe, non-mainframe, storage, and network components.
Capacity Planning is the “C” in CPT. CPT provides tailored services to suit the client requirements. CPT distinguishes itself by delivering “Business Focused” capacity planning. Our plans and reports are aligned to the client’s business objectives, and produced in a format and language that is easily understood by business stakeholders.
CPT provides our clients with a flexible service delivery model to ensure that the outcomes are “fit for purpose” to meet the individual requirements of our clients environment.
Our key Capacity Planning service offerings include:
- Capacity Assessments
- Capacity Plans (Baseline / Annual / Periodic Review)
- Capacity Impact Assessments
- “Health Check” assessments
- Ad-hoc / on demand services
- Capacity Management Information System (CMIS) proprietary solution
- Capacity Planning as a Managed Service
COST OPTIMISATION / REDUCTION
The focus on cost management and control has never been greater. IT organisations are consistently asked to deliver more and more with less, improve efficiency, improve response time and “speed to market” time .
CPT are helping our clients through innovative solutions that aim to deliver financially beneficial outcomes to clients that will enhance the cost effectiveness of infrastructure platforms and the services / applications they host. CPT are specialists when it comes to optimisation of infrastructure and services / applications to reduce the overall “Cost of Running” and to improve the “End User” experience.
CPT’s experience of 20 years as a provider of specialist capacity, performance and testing services has illustrated the increasingly complex challenges that IT organisations face introducing change into production environments.
A number of common themes are consistent across our customers throughout the world all trying to address common problems and concerns:
- Can I introduce the planned change into the production environment successfully without impacting other services ?
- Will my service / application actually deliver to the expectations of the business stakeholders ?
- Why is my service / application now not meeting SLAs ?
- Why is the cost of my service / application / system is escalating ?
CPT has crafted an innovative solution combining a number of core CPT services into a solution offering known to CPT as “Production Assurance”.
STORAGE CONSULTING SERVICES
CPT has a long history in enhancing the cost effectiveness and manageability of its customers’ IT environments. We specialise in tuning and optimising systems and applications to reduce costs. Our storage consulting capabilities are designed to provide targeted solutions to address key storage challenges faced by many organisations today.
CPT achieves this by :
- Providing vendor independent storage advice
- Formulating flexible storage strategies to position you for future success whilst reducing Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Developing Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) strategies for optimised data placement based on organisational value
- Providing comprehensive storage capacity planning services to streamline the storage provisioning and growth forecasting process
- Providing storage disaster and operational recovery plans that ensure system availability commensurate to business requirements
PERFORMANCE DIAGNOSIS / TUNING
Representing the “P” in CPT, over 20 years, CPT has a proven record of successfully completing challenging and technically complex Performance Diagnosis / Tuning engagements across a wide range of both mainframe & non-mainframe technologies.
CPT’s End-to-End approach takes into account the impact of Architecture, Design, Scheduling and Work Practices. CPT capabilities enable us to focus on any aspect of the service / application or infrastructure (including Operating Systems, Storage, Networks, Middleware, Databases and Application code) under analysis.
CPT is typically engaged to provide expert diagnosis teams to assist our clients with an urgent need to return a mission critical service / application back to health by the identification and resolution of the underlying “root cause” issues.