Test Strategy and Management
CPT provides Test Management capability covering the full spectrum of projects from simple to very large cross-platform integration projects. We offer:
- Test Directorship for very large cross-platform integration projects.
- Management of client-side or User Access Management projects.
- Acceptance testing management including infrastructure commissioning projects.
- Backfill of Test Management capability at short notice.
- Remedial Test Management, to recover a project under stress.
- Test Lead roles, providing hands-on leadership for teams of testers. involving
- Planning, design and preparation of effective, efficient testing events
CPT has extensive experience in the development of Testing Strategies which cover:
- Strategies appropriate for the organisation
- Documentation scaled to enterprise level (including SDLC design and enhancement)
- Hands-on level strategies
- Test tool usage strategies, including ‘appropriate-practice’ tool exploitation techniques
- Reporting and metrics capabilities
Success, delivery, “can do” attitude, honesty, integrity, facts and an extensive testing passion is an ethos on which CPT prides itself and an approach that sees consultants being repeatedly requested to step in and turn pending testing and implementation disasters into a collaborative component of a quality and successful solution delivery.
CPT places and uses experienced and appropriate testing resources to take on the complex and challenging engagements that are often daunting and undesirable. CPT’s people are expected to take on testing roles with a full understanding of business and technical needs alike.
CPT’s capability expands the Testing Life Cycle and ensures the testing components of programs and projects are fully integrated into all types of Systems Development Life Cycles. With the demanding needs of differing methodologies and an ever-increasing importance on competitive advantage through time to market improvements, CPT delivers testing from start to finish through:
- Pragmatic and relevant Test Strategies, with risk driven testing extent that is tailored to:
- The risks at hand
- Program/project size
- Business and technology integrated complexities alike
- Project needs, and
- Business prioritised requirements
- Adapting testing to organisational needs, project variations and dynamic change by retaining control whilst working with clients to move with project needs and change
- Establishing a relevant and appropriate testing organisation/team
- Pragmatic and transparent governance and control
- Quality, pragmatic and efficient processes, metrics and measurement
- Creating necessary Vendor relationship and management
- Testing Life Cycles that target and reduce risk as testing phases progress
- Relevant and efficient tools and techniques
- A strong emphasis on all required aspects of Non-Functional Testing (NFT)
- Specialist Performance Testing capability
- Developing a testing strategy that delivers what is truly needed and drives testing in accordance with implementation strategies, (rather than testing for testing sake)
- Catering for the nuances associated with internal and external dependencies and the need to cater for intermittent and phased deliverables
- Establishing a traceable and transparent Test Phase risk model