GOALS / OFFERINGS / BENEFITS
CPT’s goals with Test Tools, Reporting & Metrics are to establish for our clients the ability to :
- Improve their current capability
- Improve ROI for the test tool suite
- To identify gaps and issues with the way test tools are used, and reports and metrics are produced
- Streamline testing processes and optimise tool usage to improve ‘speed to market’
- Improve testing outcomes by improving re-use of test artifacts
- Reduce the time spent testing through better test coverage and a more visible and manageable test effort
- Establish a consistent testing methodology via standardised tool use
- Provide a stable and scaleable test tool asset
- Make reporting for the test effort easier to produce and access, with an ultimate focus on fully automated reporting
CPT’s current offerings in the Test Tools, Reporting and Metrics space include :
- Strategic Review & Recommendation
- Subject Matter Expertise
- Provision of customised installation and processes
- “Running the Show”
- Service provision of the test tools, reporting and metric capabilities
- Advanced, automated reporting solutions, such as the development and implementation of “fit for purpose” Test Tools Metrics and Reporting Framework
- Developing, building and implementing automated metric generation and report generation
Clients engaging CPT to assist with Test Tools, Reporting and Metrics can expect the following benefits:
- Improved understanding of how to use existing tools.
- Better leveraging of existing assets.
- Consistency of approach and data capture, meaning a better platform for cross project and area reporting.
- Greater levels of visibility of testing efforts, both in flight views of execution and in capturing actual efforts for later analysis and trending.
- Improved manageability of testing efforts – able to spot trends earlier and actively manage towards improved outcomes.
- Testing and other project resources better able to transition between areas without having to learn new/different processes and ways of using the testing tools.
- Greater levels of control over, and understanding of, vendor activities.
- Improved manageability of projects and delivery velocity.
- Higher levels of predictability for estimations and project planning, as actual pass, failure and turnaround rates become established.
- Increased information available to drive earlier identification and optimisation of problem areas.