Mainframe Tuning and Cost Reduction
CPT is recognised as a world leading organisation in mainframe tuning and cost reduction. CPT’s innovative cost reduction service uses automated tools, proven processes and a small, highly experienced team. The CPT approach produces rapid results in the vast majority of cases, with some clients realising cost savings of 25%.
A unique part of CPT’s service is our willingness to base fees on a share of the savings the client makes; whether software, hardware or outsourced service costs. With this approach CPT shares the risk of the project and ensures a clear ROI for the client. Other pricing models are offered if this “Risk Reward” model does not suit.
Consider our Cost Reduction Solution if you are looking to:
- Avoid costs through deferral of hardware purchases and/or upgrades
- Reduce costs through optimised utilisation of available resources
- Reduce software licensing through rationalisation and reduced CPU usage
- Improve your ability to provide customers with quality cost effective IT services
- Ensure that service levels can be achieved and maintained
our multi-phase cost optimisation approach
Initial Phase Activities:
- Engagement establishment briefings to gain commitment from all stakeholders
- A review of existing performance reports and documentation
- Baseline establishment:
- Collection of appropriate system data
- Agreement of the savings quantification process and metrics
- The identification, quantification and documentation of current inefficiencies that exist in the mainframe MVS production target systems.
- Implementation of ‘quick wins’
- Detailed recommendations and scoping of the required work to eliminate these inefficiencies.
A plan will be developed which details work to be undertaken by both CPT and client staff. The focus here is on outcomes.
CPT brings together all stakeholders to identify and implement measureable improvements in current IT resource utilisation.
The scope covers all aspects that contribute to overall cost of running, services / applications / infrastructure with the aim of providing real dollar savings to the organisation. Our experience shows large direct savings, and better ROI can be achieved.
By optimising resource utilisation, direct costs can be trimmed from service providers’ charges.