Project Management & Delivery
CPT offers a flexible and independent project management service which is customised to your unique requirements. Our project management services complement your existing delivery resources by providing access to best practice in project management methodologies, standards and techniques.
CPT offers highly experienced and professionally qualified Project Managers. All our project management approaches are aligned with the PMBOK® Guide, and many of our consultants Prince 2 qualified.
CPT commenced Gateway Reviews and certification in 2005 and has continued to provide these services to government jurisdictions both under Gateway and a more expanded “Gateway-like” assurance approach since then.
Our lead consultants are certified Gateway team leaders and team members who have completed over 70 Gateway Reviews and a similar number of “Gateway-like” reviews over this period as team leaders and team members; in New Zealand CPT has acted as Gateway review coach for training local Review Team Leaders.
CPT has also embraced the Department of Treasury and Finance (DTF) Investment Management Standard and has accredited facilitators in this discipline.
CPT’s Portfolio, Program and Project Services team is part of our global Management Consulting Practice.
 The Office of Government Commerce (OGC) Gateway™ Process examines programmes and projects at key decision points in their lifecycle.
 “Gateway Like” assurance reviews are based on the Gateway protocols and framework, but are modified to cater for specific in-depth reviews of a longer duration
 The Investment Management Standard (IMS) is a collection of ideas and practices that help organisations to direct resources to deliver the best outcomes.
CPT provides a range of specific project management services
- Business Case Development – including early scoping of the investment, stakeholder workshops to understand the business problem and potential solution options.
- Project Reviews – at all stages of the development life cycle and leveraging Gateway disciplines.
- Managing client projects – including business process improvement, systems delivery, systems and technology integration, testing, change management, records and document management, data management and e-Commerce. CPT Consultants work closely alongside client personnel providing skills transfer.
- Project Execution Plan development – The first step in every CPT project is to develop a Project Execution Plan (PEP) which provides a complete blueprint for the project scope definition, how it will be resourced, managed, executed and implemented.
- Project Office. For large projects or for Program Management CPT is able to set up a Project Office for the client using CPT personnel, client personnel or a mixture of both. Typically this will incorporate an aim of progressively transferring skills to the client so they can take over complete operation of the Project Office in due course.
- Project Methodology and Standards. CPT offers project management mentoring and can help establish project management standards and methodologies, either as a stand alone assignment or in the context of a Project Office engagement. CPT is also happy to assist clients in sourcing suitable Project Management training and certification services.
- Implementation Readiness – CPT’s Implementation Readiness approach was developed to allow an organisation to be able to validate that it is operationally ready to “Go Live” with a new system or major new operational environment. Failure at the critical hurdle of the first day of operation puts the total benefits associated with the project at risk.