CPT Storage Solutions and Optimisation
The CPT Storage Story
CPT has a strong history in enhancing the cost effectiveness and manageability of its customers’ IT environments. We specialise in tuning and optimising systems and applications to reduce costs. This capability also includes services in a vast range of storage consulting capabilities designed to provide targeted solutions to address key storage challenges faced by many organisations today.
CPT achieves this by:
- Providing vendor independent storage advice
- Formulating flexible storage strategies to position you for future success whilst reducing Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Developing Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) strategies for optimised data placement based on organisational value
- Providing comprehensive storage capacity planning services to streamline the storage provisioning and growth forecasting process
- Providing storage disaster and operational recovery plans that ensure system availability commensurate to business requirements
- CPT Global uncovered over $10M savings per annum in storage costs for a major US-based finance company.
- CPT Global guided a government department through a successful procurement process for a complete shared storage infrastructure, including remote replication for DR, for over 100TB of data.
- CPT Global found annual storage cost savings of over $8M for a major European finance company.
- CPT Global developed the storage capacity planning process for a major Australian telecommunications company.
- CPT Global assisted a government department in the acquisition of over a petabyte of mainframe storage.
CPT Storage Services
CPT provides a range of services across the full spectrum of systems and storage environments covering Primary Storage, Operational Recovery, Disaster Recovery and Archiving for both mainframe and open system environments.
Storage Cost Reduction
CPT will assess the technical and financial aspects of your total storage environment to develop a “hit list” of achievable savings. Once potential savings have been identified, CPT can assist you in realizing those savings. Typically, up to 10-25% can be shaved from the storage budget.
CPT’s consultants will take you right through the storage procurement process. We will assist you to translate your business and technical needs into storage requirements, build documentation to take to the market, manage the entire vendor response process and then provide you with a recommendation as to the most appropriate solution for your requirements. Our aim is to utilize CPT’s market knowledge to help you make the right storage decision, objectively and painlessly.
Storage Capacity Planning
CPT will review your capacity planning reporting and processes to develop a sustainable, repeatable capacity planning function. As a result, you will (re)gain control over your storage resources, allowing you to meet your requirements in the future without over-provisioning today.
A CPT Storage Tuning engagement will review your environment to determine where potential problems exist and then recommend how those problems can best be addressed.
Designing a storage architecture to meet new or changed requirements can be a daunting and time consuming task. Whether for an upgrade to your existing data centre(s) or for a “green fields” build, CPT’s Storage Architecture service will develop for you an optimal storage architecture. Existing infrastructure will be re-used where sensible and augmented by new technologies if appropriate. CPT’s vendor independence allows us the freedom to consider technologies on their merits, not on the basis of vested interests
Many organizations face the unenviable task of trying to determine how they can take best advantage of existing and emerging storage technologies. CPT will assist you in developing an appropriate service catalogue for your data and its management. Using that service catalogue as a base, a comprehensive storage strategy will be developed.
Storage/Data readiness for DR/BC
CPT will review your storage environment in the context of your overall Disaster Recovery or Business Continuity requirements, to determine if your storage infrastructure is capable of supporting the Recovery Time Objectives (RTO’s) and Recovery Point Objectives (RPO’s) that have been set for your key applications. CPT’s Storage Readiness for DR/BC Service will indicate any gaps in your current environment and will recommend optimal resolutions.
Storage Outsource Contract Review
Outsourcing your storage is a complex exercise. Ensuring that the outsource is achieving an optimal result is often even more challenging. CPT can help by reviewing your outsource contract to assess the impact of potential storage changes. For instance what is the impact of reducing capacity requirements, or introducing new storage tiers?