Over the past 18 months, we’ve been working on a project with our partners, CPT Global. This project has been converting applications to sysplex: active-active configurations that provide high availability. Over the next two issues, we’re going to take a look at what we did, and what we found.
In our first article, we talk about the project: the resilience that we wanted, and what we needed to do to get it.
In the other two articles, we drill down to one area of the project: VSAM RLS. In our second article, we explore why such a conversion isn’t straightforward. We discuss what we did, and some of the issues we faced.
In our final article, we look at performance: how we compared it before and after we converted to VSAM RLS. Again, not as simple as you’d think.
In our next issue, we’ll finish up our VSAM RLS discussion by looking at some of the problems we found when converting to VSAM RLS, and look at some of the MQ issues when converting to an MQ queue sharing group.
If that wasn’t enough, we’ll also be talking about the CICS and CPSM issues we found in our presentation at Share in Fort Worth.
If you’re in town on Wednesday 26-Feb-2020, come and hear some of the system and application-related issues we found moving to a CICSPlex.