Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
At its best, RPA can enable business functions to be performed that would be impossible with available human resources. In contrast to other traditional IT solutions, RPA allows organisations to automate at a fraction of the cost and time previously encountered. RPA uses intelligent software “bots” to perform repetitive tasks that have resisted automation through scripting, macros and other more established forms of automation. In most cases, the work involves switching between multiple applications and performing simple tasks such as copying and pasting among them or running search queries and gathering results.
CPT’s Automation Centre of Excellence can help at all stages of the RPA lifecycle from determination of what to automate, business case creation, proof of viability, automation development, delivery, and operations.
Some case studies where CPT has assisted clients:
- Improve the speed and accuracy of card application processing from days to minutes
- Automate monthly financial reporting
- Automate delivery docket processing and invoice creation
- Engage with operational teams to determine bottlenecks in current processes and opportunities to standardise and automate process
- Develop business cases with executive stakeholders
- Create custom mobile apps to request reports, record expenses, book vacation time and other common office functions
Related article: rpa key success factors